Check your Lexus!
Use VIN decoder to gain insight into your Lexus vehicle - at no cost. A few clicks will unlock crucial Lexus VIN info that can save you thousands of dollars!
Don’t have a VIN? Find out where to locate your VIN number.
Everything you need to know about the Lexus VIN
What is a Lexus VIN?
Every Lexus vehicle has a unique fingerprint - the Lexus Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). The Lexus VIN is a 17-digit alphanumeric code that contains important information about any vehicle. Lexus vehicles can be a big investment, but checking the Lexus VIN can ensure it’s a good one. The VIN will let you check the vehicle’s specifications against the used car ad and find any inconsistencies. Additionally, the Lexus VIN can give you some history, such as whether the car has been in a serious accident.
What does the Lexus VIN contain?
The Lexus VIN comes in 3 parts:
- Digits 1-3 (World Manufacturer Identifier or WMI). Tells you the vehicle’s manufacturer, country of manufacture, and brand.
- Digits 4-9 (Vehicle Description Section or VDS). The most interesting part of the Lexus VIN - it contains details about vehicle specifications, such as the engine type, brake system, model, etc.
- Digits 10-17 (Vehicle Identification Section or VIS). This is a serial number that uniquely identifies the specific vehicle.
Where to find it?
You can find the Lexus VIN on the vehicle:
- Step outside the vehicle and look for a metal plate on the driver’s side of the dashboard.
- Check the driver’s side door frame, particularly the area where the door latches to the body of the car.
- Look for it on the engine block (under the hood).
The VIN usually also appears on car documents, such as the car registration and insurance certificates.