Check your Nissan now!
Decode any Nissan VIN using the My Free VIN decoder to learn important details. VIN data will tell you the specifications of any Nissan car in the world!
Don’t have a VIN? Find out where to locate your VIN number.
Everything you need to know about the Nissan VIN
What does the Nissan VIN contain?
The Nissan VIN is the fingerprint of every Nissan car in the world. This 17-digit alphanumeric code is an amazing tool for those buying a used Nissan vehicle. By decoding it, you can learn about important car characteristics, as well as useful historical data - has the vehicle been stolen or in a serious accident? Does it have any outstanding recalls? Find out all this and much more before buying.
What does the Ford VIN contain?
Every Nissan VIN can be divided into three distinct parts:
- 1-3 digits are the World Manufacturer Identifier (WMI). This tells you the vehicle’s country of origin, manufacturer, and vehicle type.
- 4-9 digits are the Vehicle Description Section (VDS). Probably the most interesting part of any Nissan VIN - contains information about specs, such as the engine size/type, transmission type, etc.
- 10-17 digits are the Vehicle Identifier Section (VIS). This is the vehicle’s unique serial number.
Where to find it?
The Nissan VIN is very easy to find - you will always locate it in at least one of these places:
- On the driver’s side of the dashboard (metal plate viewable from outside the car)
- On the driver’s door pillar, typically around the area where the door connects to the body
- On your car documents, such as the car title or insurance certificate
You can also look for it on the engine block or other valuable car parts.