Check your Toyota now!
My Free VIN will let your decode your Toyota VIN at no cost. VIN data is essential when buying a used vehicle - it will tell you what the car’s specs are and what it’s been through!
Don’t have a VIN? Find out where to locate your VIN number.
Everything you need to know about the Toyota VIN
What is a Toyota VIN?
The Toyota VIN is a unique 17-digit alphanumeric code - the fingerprint of each and every Toyota car or motorcycle in the world. Current and would-be Toyota owners can use the VIN to learn important details about any vehicle. Whether you want to make sure the listed specifications in a car ad are correct, or want to confirm you’re not buying stolen property, the Toyota VIN is your best friend.
What does the Toyota VIN contain?
The basic anatomy of the Toyota VIN consists of 3 parts:
- World Manufacturer Index (digits 1-3). The first three characters of any VIN will tell you the vehicle’s country of origin, manufacturer, and vehicle type
- Vehicle Description Section (digits 4-9). The characteristics of your Toyota: engine, transmission, body type, etc.
- Vehicle Identification Section (digits 10-17). Manufacturing plant and the vehicle’s unique serial code
Information encoded in the VIN may vary from one vehicle to another.
Where to find it?
The Toyota VIN typically appears in one of a few places:
- On the driver’s side on the dashboard - look for a metal plate under the windshield from outside
- The driver’s side door frame. Usually, you will find it around the area where the door locks to the body of the car
- Some car parts. Particularly the more expensive ones, such as the engine
- Car documents - car title and insurance certificate